Sunday, January 23, 2005

Now that Bush has shifted his focus from WMD to freedom (he used the word 27 times in his inaugural address), Jonathan Alter of Newsweek makes some trenchant observations about Bush's idealism:
Can a suspiciously convenient, third-string rationale for war also be sincere? Yes, because it's connected to how Bush sees his legacy, which is always the preoccupation of second-term presidents. Bush is a Woodrow Wilsonian idealist, not a Poppy Bush realist. While the president of Princeton and the president of DKE don't seem to have much in common (and the neocons would have thought the League of Nations was full of pantywaists), Bush, too, seeks to "make the world safe for democracy."
I found Alter's column engaging. Click here if you'd like to read it.

2 Comments:

At 5:11 AM, Blogger frap-puccno said...

Super blog. I web surf when I have the time for
blogs like this one.Your site was nice and will be
visited again!
I want you to stop and compare with my cash advance company blog.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger sweet-ness said...

Unbelievable blog. I can hardly wait to vist this
site again.I'm consistently looking up blogs like
this.
Hey son, you need to check out my quick cash advance loan blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home