Sunday, October 24, 2004

This business of mixing Christianity and politics has turned into hypocrisy incarnate. Millions of Bush's followers will vote for him because he's an evangelical. They should take into account that constant lying is frowned upon in both Testaments. And furthermore, Jesus's message was: Help the poor. W. has turned that mandate on its head. Molly Ivins's latest column lays out George Bush's sins as well as anybody has:
Click here if you haven't already read it.
Further courting God's displeasure, Bush employs his own personal Machiavelli, Karl Rove, who is not even on speaking terms with the Almighty. Judging by Rove's amoral tactics, he doesn't give a damn whether there is one or not. His latest deviltry is to attempt to keep newly registered Democrats out of polling places in swing states. Read about the Republican effort to prevent a fair election. And Republicans compound the sacrilege of obstructing the election with another of their multitude of lies: a pretense that they're doing it to stop supposed Democratic fraud at the polls.
Religion is especially toxic when it permeates politics because the most extreme Christians assume that the rules don't apply to them since God is on their side. Give me a fair minded agnostic anyday. Apparently God agrees with me because last May first, He Himself took George to task on this very blog about the transgressions I've been discussing here. Since W. has taken no steps to reform himself, I'm reprinting it for his edification:
All right, George, being omnipotent, I couldn't help but notice Frontline's program on your born again love of the three of us. I was embarrassed for you, George, and more than a little annoyed at the way you sully my reputation.
Let me enlighten you. Extramarital sex and drunkenness are way down on the list of things I disapprove of, a few miles below cheating on a national scale to enrich your already obscenely wealthy friends. Keep in mind what I told the rich young ruler, that it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven. Furthermore, you're blithely degrading my creation. It's bad enough the damage that's already been done. How dare you make it worse! And then there's that war in which thousands of people are dying so you can strut around in a flight suit. And don't give me that business about Saddam being part of the axis of evil.
You just straighten up your own act. Stop lying hourly to hide all your many sins. Stop being so self satisfied and try a little REAL humility.
Here's the odd part. I laid it out in both Testaments how I wanted you to behave. How can you fail to notice how many commandments you break, on a grand scale, every day? How can you be so dense, George? How? Don't forget, Lucifer thought he was hot stuff, too. He and I came to a parting of ways, and right now you are strolling down HIS path, not mine.

2 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Blogger screwed-up said...

Unusual blog. I liked the site its from so much I
have to visit it again! I surf the web for blogs like
yours in my spare time.
Want to see top notch work, peep my cash advance detroit blog site for the bomb work!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger condensed said...

Terrific blog. I search the internet everytime I
get a moment to find blogs. Its better than cold iced
tea and I have to visit it one more time!
You got me! I will check out your cash in advance blog a.s.a.p!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home